Welcome to the Society for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) of the Nose & Airway’s Workshop day hosted by RMIT’s Biomedical & Health Innovation ECP. In recent years there has been an explosion in interest in the field of CFD of the Nose and Airway. The time has
come for researchers in Engineering and Healthcare to convene and explore the frontiers of this exciting new field.
This packed one-day workshop , we will discuss the Engineering/technical aspects of CFD simulation, along with practical clinical applications of the results. Topics for discussion include:
- CFD in the nose and airway for airflow patterns, temperature,wall shear stress;
- discovering abnormalities, e.g. septal deviation, perforations turbinate hypertrophy;
- exploring pathology and biology of diseases of the airways through modelling
- airflow dynamics, drug delivery after surgical manouvres
- rapid 3D reconstruction of nasal airway, augmented reality of fluid dynamics results
- applications to predict the effects of surgery and therapeutic interventions; and
- advanced fluid-particle modelling for targeted nasal drug delivery.
The workshop will be held at:
RMIT Building 80 Level 11 Room 10 (Swanston Academic Building)
Friday, 9 November 2018 from 9:15 am to 5:00 pm (AEDT)